Friday, March 20, 2009

The value of a Ear (Aural) Training



I highly recommend to anyone pursuing music to invest a portion of their practice time into developing aural skills.

The first step is to know what you are hearing. If you want to play you favourite songs correctly the ability to breakdown the song will give you an immediate head start. Think of it like language. If I quote a phrase in a familiar language chances are you can quote me back word for word. But if I were to speak in an unfamiliar language it is unlikely you will quote me correctly. Ear training in music is simply becoming familiar with the language of music. Pitch, rhythm, duration, timbre etc.

So to get started please visit our online Aural lessons. We have only just began developing our online course so please visit every few weeks.

G4GUITAR ONLINE AURAL COURSE

If you have any questions email me. david@g4guitar.com.au

For more information about G4GUITAR please visit our website.

Follow me on TWITTER
http://twitter.com/g4guitar




No comments: